Monday, March 28, 2016

If Superdelegates Value Equality, They Give Up Their Title

The superdelegate issue is bugging me. The use of them by Hillary is very telling too. Remember when she went around gathering endorsements from the supers? The media made a big deal of it. What went through her mind each time?
Maybe something like "I have doubts I can win the election without an ace in the hole. I don't have enough popular support, and even if I do, why take chances? I want this to be in the bag." So without much regard for the will of the people she gathers endorsements from superdelegates, who are not bound by the will of the people. A proper servant of the people would rebuke the concept of superdelegates and shun their support as an anathema.
It bothers me greatly that our citizens and candidates have to ask privileged persons for favors in order to become elected. "Oh please Mr./Mrs. Superdelegate. Please follow the will of the people." Then a super responds like Texas congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, who said "I want voters to be at ease that their votes truly count. But I also want them to respect each of us [superdelegates] individually for how we have perceived America's future to be.""
I can certainly respect how a person "perceived America's future to be.", but their version of America's future may not be the one the people favor. There is only one entity who has a right to dictate the future of America, and that entity is the American voters in mass, in total. Not some privileged person who's only real function is to rig an election. Ask the Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz why the Democratic Party has superdelegates and she will tell you "Unpledged delegates exist really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists."
Any Human Being who values Liberty and Freedom will oppose the concept of the superdelegate. If the superdelegates were true lovers of equality, they would rebuke the title of "superdelegate". The ones who embrace the undemocratic principle of superdelegate should have a badge with that word to show their statue. They also should have a badge that reads "Elitists", and another that says "I'm better than you.", and another that says "Your vote doesn't count unless I say it does."
I'm finding that my participation in the Democratic party just to get Bernie Sanders elected is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. After the general election, I'll have to join a different party. Not the Repugnant Party either. A 3rd party. A wild party. One that actually represents the people, and puts the people before even the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment