Sunday, June 22, 2014

SSDI Could be Cut by 20%

CUT the word CUT jumps off the page. What a thing to wake up to. There is a real possibility of SSDI benefits being CUT by 20%. Perhaps I could move to China and become a Sex Worker. Maybe, when I get thrown out into the streets when I can't afford a place to live, I could move into one of the many unused or vacant buildings Washington is maintaining. I know, I might could get one of them to not move their desk at the SEC, and use the money saved to help pay my light bill.

Disabled Recipients of Social Security Fund Face Hefty Benefits Cut <=== read

Contrary to popular beliefs, congress will not get a pay raise this year. They voted to freeze it for 2014. So I can't use that as ammunition, but there are plenty of other sources of ammunition. Look at the short list provided below. Go to the heritage.org link provided and see 50 things that are deemed more important than taking care of our disabled Americans, like 19 cent washers.

You can bet your ass that the GOP is going to use the Social Security Disability trust fund as a bargaining chip to get unsavory legislation crammed down America's throat. While the Republicans share a bed with oil giants and the Koch brothers, they pull the safety net out from under millions of our citizens.

I was talking to a young fellow the other day who complained about helping poor people. He said, "I will always work. I will dig ditches, wash dishes or anything I have to do to work, but I'll always have a job because I don't want to be homeless." I hope that isn't a prevailing attitude among the Republican portion of our population. It would seem that younger people who are Republicans are more prone to this attitude. We need these people to be reasonable, and not vote for any Social Security Cutting jerk-wads. No one knows what the next day holds. You could be the next person on SSDI. And good luck with that.

Despite what you may hear, it is extremely hard to qualify for SSDI. On average, over 70% of the people who apply are turned down. I myself was turned down twice. I had to go before an administrative law judge, who after taking one look at me, and asking a few question, gave me SSDI from the bench. He looked at me and asked if the way I looked was a result of my condition, and I affirmed that it was. He knew I was in need of help from my country. Let me tell you, a bench decision doesn't happen very often. That fine judge upheld the promise when others denied it. He didn't allow a hard working, but very sick American to be tossed to the curb.

But that is exactly what is going to happen if our government doesn't start working together to fix the problem they created. GRIDLOCK! I mostly blame the GOP. They squandered many hours of time in the halls of congress fighting over the ACA, and doing everything in their power to ruin President Obama, including shutting down OUR government. They should have been working together to solve problems, instead of working to destroy a president. In their efforts to hamstring our president, and their vendetta against Hillary Clinton, it is the little guy who pays the ultimate price for their focused hate.

Please vote out ALL of the people in government who would support corporate welfare, oil subsidies, wasteful spending, over our poor and sick Americans.

I'm getting to really dislike the members of the GOP. I am starting to think they are the ones who are trying to destroy our nation. A nation is not judged by how it treats its riches citizens, but rather by how it treats its poor and sick citizens.

It really makes me feel bad about America. I worked hard for a lot of years under the assumption that if ever I became unable to work that SSDI would be there. I did not apply for it until I was absolutely destitute because of illness. Now because of government mismanagement the promise may not hold true. That makes me sick at heart for my country, the United States of America.

~~~~~~Examples of Government Waste~~~~~~
$2.6 Million Study to Get Prostitutes in China to Drink Less
Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.
Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare.
Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters
The Pentagon recently spent $998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009/10/50-examples-of-government-waste

No comments:

Post a Comment