Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Trolls Among Us

Here is something I got to wondering about. Let me put together a few pieces. We all know about the Russian Trolls who tried to undermine the 2016 election, and are doing the same to other western democracies. We know about the protests and counter protests about one topic or the other that are taking place with regularity here and abroad. Some of the protests seem to be over things that aren't happening, like the Shari Law protests today. I don't know of any US city attempting to enact Islamic religious law. Then the thought came to mind, "Those two things, Russian Trolls and the protests, seem to be a lot alike." The major difference is one is in Cyberspace and the other is in real space.

Is it possible that Russia not only are employing troll farms to hurt us, but also real life trolls planted among us? Persons who look like any other American, but are really Russians hell bent on sowing discord. Maybe the Russians have been for decades setting us up and now the harvest is ready!

"How could this have happened?", I thought. My first thought was of the Russian Brides that have been advertised for so long. What if these Russian Brides were a major source of psychical Russian troll infiltration? I thought I might Google search the topic. I didn't find anything, yet, explicitly pointing in that direction. I did find this interesting and enlightening article from the Daily Mail.

By Edward LucasPUBLISHED: 18:59 EDT, 9 March 2012 | UPDATED: 08:14 EDT, 10 March 2012

A lot can happen in 5 years, and a lot has happened. I'm still going to see about the possibility of Russian Brides Spies. For now I offer you this. Sessions will be grilled this coming Tuesday in a special hearing. Think of all the things that have been going on. Think hard on it while you read this. Before you get into the meat of the article, read this one paragraph from it, and then a quote from trump.

Excerpt: "We are dealing with an adversary who is determined, resentful and paranoid, where we are complacent and trusting. We want to like him. We hope he will like us, and eventually be like us. He wants nothing of the kind."

Trump quote: "I'm saying that I'd possibly have a good relationship. He's been very nice to me," Trump said. "If we can make a great deal for our country and get along with Russia that would be a tremendous thing. I would love to try it."

My own quote: "This don't look to good at all."

Spies next door: As Putin - a former spy chief - tightens his grip on Russia,a new book reveals how he's riddled the West with suburban secret agents

No comments:

Post a Comment