Thursday, November 30, 2017

Body Language Shows Putin Dominates Trump & It Victimizes Women

Yesterday I read an article entitled "Odds Are, Russia Owns Trump". For a long time I have been interested in the study of body language. If I were to judge by this picture I would think that Putin were the dominant figure in the group.

Putin Dominance over Trump
I looked for information on body language to help my understanding. I found this offering:

"Using Body Language to Show Dominance and Submissiveness Part 4"

I thought that keeping the head lower and leaning forward towards a person showed submissiveness. That seems to be a correct assertion. Notice in the photo who has what kind of posture.

I want to offer another observation on submissiveness that as to do with another thing we hear about in the news a lot these days. It is the charges made by a lot of women accusing men of improper sexual advances in the workplace. In this culture we have grown up in "Many females have a tendency to display submissive traits because they are culturally taught to do so from early age." I found that to be an interesting statement and wondered if that animalistic dominance/submissive trait in humans, with a cultural reinforcement of submissiveness in females and dominance in males might be something that promotes this undesirable behaviour in males?

Yesterday I blocked a fellow because of their persistent defense of the notion of something he called "high-T", meaning high testosterone, for some kind of inability of some men to control themselves when in the presence of a female with "provocative" clothing. I tried to convince them several times of the error in their argument to no avail. Now after further consideration in light of the dominance/submissive factor, my belief that his argument is in error is further reinforced. I now think the fellow defending the notion of "high-T" causing an inability to control aggressiveness because of hormones is totally wrong. I think the inability to control aggressiveness by some males may be brought on by the dominance/submissive postures we are taught from an early age coupled with an inability to control urges.

I'm not trying to make some kind of a defense of men who display inappropriate sexual aggressiveness in the workplace or anywhere else. I am also not trying to cast blame on females either. What I am trying to do is understand why the inappropriate sexual aggressiveness occurs at all, and how we as a society might deal with it.

My conclusion is that men with a tendency to show inappropriate sexual aggressiveness must not allow themselves to succumb to that type of primitive behaviour and we have to call them on it from the moment it happens. We all know it is wrong. Furthermore, we as a society must stop treating females in a way which promotes "...a tendency to display submissive traits because they are culturally taught to do so from early age." and women in general should cultivate dominant postures and reinforce them instead. Start teaching females to be more dominant from an early age. Stop stereotyping males and females in childhood by using devices like for example Barbie and G.I. Joe, blue and pink, etc. etc.

We did evolve from the animal barbarism of the beast. Those animalistic traits may have served our species well eons ago, but now we have removed ourselves from the jungle. We humans have been making a claim that we are an enlightened species compaired to our animal relatives. Let's start acting like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment