Saturday, October 18, 2014

People Only Want Lies it Seems

I'm a bit disappointed in some of my friends. It seems like no matter how much data I provide that shows them how the republican party has lied, cheated, or otherwise took part in unsavory behavior, they continue to support that party. I am truly dumbfounded.

They either continue to bash Obama, who will not be president next term (so what's the point), or they keep spouting off the same old disproved things they always have.

I want them friends to know something, and you know who you are. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. It is not an ego trip either. I've got a lot of time on my hands, so I wanted to do something productive. That time used to be filled with working on airplanes. Now I'm focused on the politics of our nation. Can any of you who keep up the republican mantra even come close to the time I've logged studying this topic? I really doubt it.

I'm not trying to be better than thou, or high and mighty. What I'm trying to do is get down to the filthy scum underlying our nations problems. What else I'm trying to do is to present the facts to my family and friends. I do it because I love my country. I don't want it to get all screwed up, so I've taken on this task.

I know all of you don't have the time to research all this as deeply as I. Most of you have jobs keeping you busy making a living. Others aren't inclined to do the research, or don't even know where to start. So instead of relying on the media for truth, I look everything up. It is my way of contributing to our nation. I'm just glad we have the internet now days. It makes the task much easier.

Time and again I see people posting Republican/Tea Party propaganda, and then I look it up and find they are not being entirely truthful. When I try to help out by pointing it out, I get attacked. Either that or I get the same old stuff again and again. I see the same old propaganda over and over, again and again. I should say the same old lies, but that isn't the point of this post.

This post is to plead with friends and family to heed to what I say. Either do that, or challenge me with real facts to the contrary. If I have been duped I want to know about it. I would think if you were being duped, you would be angry about it. Instead I think a portion of you are prideful, and don't want to admit you were mistaken. That is the worst thing of all. The only pride that should count here is pride in being an American. Other than that, only the cold hard facts should matter.

I beg you, look again, and look hard at your party, and tell me some facts that prove I am mistaken. In the name of whatever god you worship, do this. Give me something that says I have it all wrong, and I'll quickly admit my error. Until then, you need to listen. You need to take note. I am here to serve you, and I do it for all of us.

My life will change little no matter who gets into office, GOP or Dems. I don't have any special interest going, except that of serving my nation the best way I know how. I'm don't have any reason to lead you astray. So take heed, or give me facts. That's all I ask.

Please, from one loyal and proud American Veteran to you, I beg you. Get the facts, and take heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment